Saturday, May 5, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award, THANK-YOU Note and Nominations



I appreciate the gesture by Ravi Akula to bestow upon me the 'Versatile Blogger Award'. I would like to extend my sincere THANK YOU to Ravi for his kind gesture. As an extension to that I would like to say that I find the blogosphere world very friendly, collaborative and filled with constructive criticism. Being interested in 'applying technology', I cannot but think why this model cannot be replicated in Academia-Industry connection :-)

As a part of the award nomination, I am supposed to follow certain rules:

1) Create a new post
2) Thanks the lovely person who nominated you for the award
3) Pass it on to your fellow bloggers
4) State 7 random facts about you
5) Claim and post the award pic

I would like to nominate the following bloggers (not in any order) for 'Versaite Blogger Award'. As a token of appreciation (for Ravi Akula's blog also), I would also like to state that these blogs have humored, awed, entertained, amazed, enlightened, thought-provoked, inspired, enhanced-knowledge and made me a better person. Look forward to more interesting reads in the future too !

  1. Valady Hariharan
  1. C Suresh
  2. Nandita B
  3. Cute Parents
  1. Samritha Pillai
  1. Joshi Daniel
  1. Rajkumar
  2. Sangeeta Reghu
  3. Ashok
  4. Sumitra
  5. Nona's Pensive
  6. Abhishek Mandloi
  7. Nabanita Dhar
  8. Ranjith
  9. Anupam Patra
  10. Amit Agarwal

Thanks to all of you and Congratulations !
 
7 Random facts about me

  1. I am an avid book reader; Flipkart and JustBooks are adding fuel to the fire. I am a collaborative guy and love sharing my knowledge and experience (especially bad ones so that people learn) with others.
  2. Got my Masters from IIT Delhi in 90's. Currently, living in Bangalore. Would like to meet fellow Bangalore-bloggers (and others too) when possible.
  3. Pretty interested in personal financial planning and financial markets. Currently, I am into teaching appropriate courses in this domain while pursuing Entrepreneurial dreams in Information Technology (IT) product space. Plan to launch my products in the second half of this year.
  4. Am a seasoned IT Architect with passion to provide technical solutions to business problems.
  5. Travelled to USA, Europe and a few countries in Asia but never drove in any of those countries (I have a driving license in India for the last 20 years). I dream about making a family trip to some of those countries and drive around this time !
  6. I love animation movies and ICE AGE is my favorite. I enjoying watching this movie with any kids who visit our home.
  7. While my family enjoys TV programs, I enjoy watching advertisements during the breaks. I believe creating anything from the scratch is incredibly challenging !

I would like to thank Ravi Akula once again for an opportunity to state all the above thoughts and facts. Now that the bar is set for versatility, should I sustain the same or be 'more versatile'? :-)

13 comments:

  1. Dear Vijay

    Thank You Very Much For Your Award

    Regards
    Sam @ Cuteparents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a well-deserved award Vijay! Thanks for considering me worthy of the award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award. And many thanks for passing it on to me. I have stopped participating in the "link forward" awards. While I appreciate the gesture, I will not be able to take it forward. Hope you understand. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Your posts are always amazing and heavy on content. You deserve this award. Thanks for considering me fit for the award and passing on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vijaya, Thanks for promoting my post. Glad that I came to your blog through indiblogger and had a chance to read it. I can learn a thing or two or may be more form your blog.

    P.S. Congrats on receiving a blog award. Best Wishes.

    www.shoppingstylenus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and thank u so so so very much for passing it on :)

    ReplyDelete