Sunday, February 12, 2012

E-Commerce India - Branded Lifestyle Products online


If you are interested in 'branded' lifestyle products - call it formal wear, casual wear, ethnic wear, winter wear etc - where would you go and buy them? Obviously, to a shop you know in the place you live. If some of the products you see in advertisements in Television and Newspapers are not available locally, you think about going to nearby Cities. People in tier-2 cities in Andhra Pradesh, India go to either Hyderabad or Chennai for big-time shopping.
What if all those lifestyle products are made available to you at the click of a button? Check out http://myntra.com. Myntra used to offer personalization of lifestyle products like sports jerseys when it started in 2007. It is now into pure e-commerce play selling lifestyle / fashion products online.
Isn't it amazing that you can now buy more than 200 brands of fashion products from online companies like these !
But how would I know if a particular size in a brand fits me well? How can I be assured about the quality of the fabric? I guess the brand image of the companies, whose products are being sold online, plays a key role here. If I am a Wrangler jeans regular, and I know my size, I wouldn't have to visit the physical shop every time unless I am a newly wed and my sizes are randomly changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment