Thursday, March 1, 2012

E-Commerce India - Flipkart and legal MP3 music download


There are many sites on Internet which allow MP3 music download but they do not offer legal or genuine mp3 songs for download. For the first time in India, here comes an e-commerce site http://flipkart.com, which offers legal download of songs in MP3 format. Flipkart has released this new offering, brand named flyte, over the last week-end.

I can browse through songs in different languages, genres, albums and tracks. I can also listen to samples of tracks before buying them. The best part is the ability to purchase (make online payments using credit card, debit card or even net banking) and download individual tracks. This would precisely help me browse and add only specific tracks (not entire albums) to my cart and download them all in one go.

Another good part is that I can transfer my downloaded songs on to any of my personal devices. If I get an opportunity to collect all my favorite songs in one format and can play them on all my personal gadgets - smartphone, MP3 player, Car stereo, Laptop or Personal Computer, what more can I ask for, as a music lover?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome concept! Do you think it would work for the Indian market given the "free" music on the net? Would be interesting to know the numbers though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to work :-) The combination of DRM free content, 10 millions e-commerce user base in India and Flipkart's success so far, gives a positive sign. If CDs are still getting sold (what ever be the ratio of original vs. pirated), then this online music buying should definitely work. What happens to other players in the eocsystem is a different question altogether :-)

      Delete
  2. Great blog !!!!!!! I appreciate your hard work behind posting this blog..Thanks for sharing
    Hindi Songs | Old Hindi Songs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. This is useful information. This is always happy to know about Salesforce training in Gurgaon whose certification program helps many to get certificed. I strongly urge you to join now in Salesforce Training in Hyderabad | Course Price | Training institute and enroll for free demo at Salesforce Training in Bangalore | Course Certification Cost and Job Placement Assistance . I have gone through this Salesforce Certification Training. Why done you enroll for a free demo at Salesforce training institutes in Chennai [updated] | Course Price

    ReplyDelete